With a little over a week left until the half marathon in New Orleans (Our third! Remember when the only place I ran was to the car to drive to Smoker's Paradise?), I've started gathering the items I'll need for the race. This year I've decided to be so cute that nobody will notice if I don't run very fast -- a definite possibility due to my INCREDIBLY ANNOYING KNEE INJURY. And if you didn't think runners could have good outfits, please reconsider:
1. Compression socks. Not normally what you'd think of as cute, but in hot pink, they are!
2. My beloved Brooks Launch, otherwise known as The Shoe That Fixed My Knee.
3. For the past two years I have worn boring running tops, while surrounded by people wearing things much more creative than a sad blue tank. So this year I am getting all Breesed up. I may or may not put my name on the front. (Also I am going to wear my hair like that girl's, which idea I find both ridiculous and awesome.)
4. Y'all think I won't wear a sequin fanny pack to carry all of my important race items? Think again.
5. Hand-held water bottle. A must for my mental well-being. If I get tired of carrying it, maybe I can fit it in the fanny pack.
6. Arm warmers. I probably won't be wearing these, since the temperature in NOLA in March is basically summer, but they sure are a cute color.
7. Shorts. I usually wear compression running capris, but see above re: summer temps.
8. I cannot live without my running watch. It's my favorite thing on this page.
9. Shuffle. Obvs. First album up: WHITNEY.
10. The thing most runners use for energy during races, which is called Gu, is a thing that makes me vom. So my fanny pack will be filled with Sport Beans and Shot Bloks. And possibly methamphetamines.
I think that's it. Starting this weekend, it's basically super easy runs and non-stop carbs, so I am very much looking forward to that. See you on the other side (of this pile of spaghetti).