My hotel room, Chicago 2012
Happy weekend, friends! Just a few things before I shut it down for the week and open this bottle of wine.
1. There are two (2) spots left for the SLC Mini Camp. Hurry, hurry! It's in two (2) weeks!
2. Many of you have written to ask when I will be scheduling the rest of the locations I mentioned in the cities announcement post -- Atlanta, New Orleans, San Francisco, and Vancouver. If I have not scheduled them yet, that means they will all take place in late summer/early fall. So don't worry, they are still happening! I just don't know when yet.
3. I am sad about it, but I may have to cancel the Dallas Mini, due to a scheduling conflict with a certain high school senior's crazy schedule. I may add it back in the summer/fall, but honestly there hasn't been much interest in Texas in general, so maybe it's for the best.
4. I'm looking for a) an event space and b) an intern for both Los Angeles (Feb 9-10) and Denver (Mar 23-24). If you have information regarding these items, please leave it in the comments or email me!
5. Tomorrow, a big group of DC campers are getting together for brunch and shopping. They have been so good about staying in touch with each other, and even made themselves a little Facebook group to discuss such important subjects as cardboard unicorns and rug sales. Would any of you former (and future!) campers like for me to make a group like that for y'all? I can't decide whether it should be city-specific or just one big amalgamated party. Thoughts? Opinions? Give it to me.
And now, some lovely photos from the Chicago camp, which seems like a hundred years ago now.
We Are The Barkers' studio. Such a great place to have camp. Thanks, Barkers!
I did a little contest for the first time ever, and these cute Ban.do hearts were the prizes. The questions were hard, too, like, "What is my favorite color of white paint?"
Please note random football stuck behind pipe on studio wall.
Cake balls! I have never had a cake ball in my life. They were pretty good.
Special guest Nicole answered lots of Chicago-related questions, and also revealed her talent for magic tricks. Just kidding, I have no idea what she is doing here.
What a cute group. Thanks, Chicagoans, for an amazing mini camp in your fair (windy) city!
Want to come to camp? Of course you do!
January: SALT LAKE CITY MINI
February: LOS ANGELES