Internet, I have not done your Dewit. That's right, I ain't done did yer dew it. You're just going to have to wait until next week. But in the meantime, please enjoy these five things I have been excited about this week.
1. Sanderson's 50s fabric collection. Oh, I know. Now I can order the FANCY fabric. That is correct, I can -- and I am feeling a little smug about it.
I am working with an adorable couple who is using one of these in their house. I'm so excited. I'm so excited. I'm so scared.
2. New running shoes. Y'all, Nike is going to be so mad at me, since I've worn their shoes for nearly 3 years (when I started running). But, come on. Could you pass up a shoe whose name is so close to Beyonce's? I thought not. Brooks, I hope you do me right. I have a 5K next weekend in Austin with Miss Laura Mayes, and I've committed to the half-marathon in New Orleans with my huz, Eliza, and a person who refuses to be named at this time. Oh, also, if any of you has connections to Windsor Court in NOLA, please let me know, because we are currently paying 36 frillimillion dollars for our room.
3. Green Goddess Dressing. Y'all, it is so good! Make it. Make it now. Have it with a wedge of iceberg lettuce. No, I don't want to hear it. Just dewit. Ingredients:
½ cup mayonnaise
1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 anchovy or 1/4 tsp anchovy paste
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 garlic clove
1 small shallot
Chop all up, stick in blender or food processor. Mix in olive oil if too thin.
I do not understand what is happening here with these carrots.
4. Atlantic-Pacific, with her adorable neon whatnots. Pity that scarf is vintage, or I would have snapped it up like a... thing that snaps. An alligator. A snapping turtle. Your mother.
I want her scarf, but she does look a little cold.
5. BIKES. It is finally, finally cool enough to ride bikes. I think the last time the temperature dipped below 80 it was April or something. Today, I rode my bike to the neighbors' house to supervise the picking up of some picket fencing (shout-out to Joey and Virginia!), and it was delightful.
I hope you have enjoyed this list I've made instead of writing a real blog entry. I am not lazy. No, YOU shut up.