Hello, lovers. It has been a long week for me. I had a couple of client meetings on Tuesday and Wednesday, and I have a couple more tomorrow, after which I plan to a) nap, b) coffee, and c) wine.
But just because I have been busy doesn't mean I haven't been taking inventory of things I'm currently loving. Please enjoy this abbreviated list of some of those things.
1. Cat Deeley's Emmy nomination. This has been a long time coming for our girl at SYTYCD, and there has been no better host since Bob Barker picked up a weird old man microphone. Well done, Cat! May you continue to hug sweaty dancers for years to come.
3. Sometimes in life you just have to buy a sequined fanny pack. Don't question it. Just get it. (I can't wait to use one of these in my next half-marathon, along with some neon tube socks and a "Feel that Brees? You just got passed" t-shirt.)
5. Can you believe this fabulous Union Jack dresser was a DIY? I can't either. I hope Sheridan will come over and paint one for me.
6. Every time I go to my friend Anu's house, she serves me this wine, and I always come home feeling sad that we don't buy better wine for our house. It's that good.
7. My first Dewit post had people all excited about sheets, and what kind to buy. I have a confession to make: we only have two sets of sheets that we use on a regular basis. One is the Organic Cotton set from Pottery Barn, which is perfectly serviceable, and does get softer with age. These are the ones I iron. The other is a set of Matteo D.U.E. sheets, from their Vintage Cotton collection, and I do not regret one of the many pennies I spent on them. The best thing about them is that they don't really have a wrinkle problem, since they're made to look like linen, and linen is supposed to wrinkle.
8. If you're not watching Breaking Bad, I urge you to rectify that situation. The new season starts on the 17th, so you still have time to catch up. Well, you do if you devote your Friday and the entire weekend to watching. But if you can't do that, you should still get into this show. And I am not just saying this because one of my Eli Stone pals currently writes for the show. PS. Walter White looks SCARY in the show promos. Eeeeee!