This roundup could probably also count as a Friday Over $500 since everything in it is mega-pricy, but let's not think about that for now. For now let's just think about these beautiful items that will allow us to create our own private coffee shop at home.
1. I hear from reliable sources that the Expobar is the new, hot espresso machine to buy. (My sources are all nerds.) Expobar Office Lever, $1299.
2. Only the best coffee beans will do for our fancy machine. Intelligentsia has incredible coffee, and also their Silverlake shop has awesome floors. Intelligentsia Black Cat Whole Bean Coffee, 12 oz., $15.
3. If you don't have a burr grinder, you are wasting your time. If you don't have a burr grinder with a doser, you are probably a better barista than I am. According to those same nerds in 1., the Mazzer Mini grinder is the only way to go. Mazzer Mini Coffee Grinder, $576.
4. Cups and saucers, natch. Latte cup/saucer set of 6, $23.99.
5. A frothing pitcher, so you can make pretty foam flowers in your latte and whatnot. Rattleware Latte Art Pitcher, $9.49.*
6. Now we need somewhere to enjoy this fancy coffee, and this beautiful spring weather. This Outdoor (!) Eames lounge chair + ottoman should do nicely. Outdoor Eames Aluminum Group Lounge Chair, $2147, and Ottoman, $1007.
7. Pretty books with pretty pictures for looking at, prettily. Woman's Day, Essential Home Decorating Reads, prices vary.
*I am not being sponsored by Whole Latte Love, even though they have the best name ever. It's just that all of the stuff I want here is available there.